Sindhu Daniel manages the firm’s Pharmaceutical Litigation Group and has a passion for representing people harmed by big pharmaceutical companies which have marketed their products as safe when they are not or have otherwise misrepresented the efficacy and toxicity of their medical commodities. Over the course of her career Ms. Daniel has played significant roles in complex multi-district litigation involving Vioxx, Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte dialysis products, Actos, DePuy Orthopaedics and Celebrex, to name a few. Among her work on numerous settlements, she was instrumental in negotiating the $4.85 billion settlement in In Re: Vioxx Products Liability Litig. (E.D. La, MDL No. 1657), involving injuries of heart attack, stroke and sudden cardiac death caused by the pain killer’s blockage of an important blood pressure regulating enzyme in the body, a $2.5 billion settlement in In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics ASR Products Liability Litig. (N.D. Ohio, MDL No. 2197), involving injuries caused by design flaws in hip implants, and a substantial settlement in In Re: Fosamax Products Liability Litig. (S.D.N.Y, MDL No. 1789), involving the injury of osteonecrosis of the jaw.
Ms. Daniel has also served as co-lead negotiator on behalf of a large group of plaintiffs in a case involving severe and permanent injuries caused by transvaginal mesh implants. She was instrumental in building consensus with other plaintiffs’ attorneys and actively led negotiations with defendants. In addition, Ms. Daniel has extensive experience in devising settlement matrices used to allocate funds in pharmaceutical and medical device mass torts. She has also successfully negotiated numerous confidential settlements in complex mass tort litigations.
In 2015, Sindhu Daniel was appointed as a Plaintiff’s Steering Committee (PSC) member by the Honorable Judge Eldon E. Fallon in In Re: Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation (E.D. La., MDL No. 2592). She currently holds positions as co-chairs of the Administrative Committee and Privilege-Log Subcommittee. Additionally, as a member of the Bellwether Committee, Ms. Daniel serves as the point person between plaintiffs and MDL Centrality, an online exchange portal that facilitates the assembly, organization, inventory, exchange, and analysis of massive amounts of data and documents, and provides an automated method to serve, store, monitor and use Plaintiff and Defendant Fact Sheet information. In this capacity, Ms. Daniel organizes and evaluates large amounts of data and provides critical case information to her respective plaintiff’s committees which is used to devise bellwether strategy and analyze cases for trial selection.
In 2016, she was appointed as a PSC member by the Honorable Kathryn Vratil in In Re: Ethicon, Inc., Power Morcellator Products Liability Litigation (D. Kansas, MDL No. 2652) and appointed as a PSC member by the Honorable Freda Wolfson in In Re: Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Products Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation (D. New Jersey, MDL No. 2738). In 2017, she was appointed as a PSC member by the Honorable Winifred Y. Smith in In Re: Essure Product Cases, JCCP No. 4887.
Ms. Daniel was also appointed by the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee to serve as co-chair of the Plaintiff’s Bellwether Committee in In Re: Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte Dialysis Products Liability Litig. (D. Mass., MDL No. 2428), which involves sudden, fatal heart attacks caused by drugs used to neutralize the buildup of acid in the body during kidney dialysis. As part of her responsibilities on these important cases, Ms. Daniel has worked with her colleagues to develop case evaluation grids instrumental in tracking similar themes among large pools of plaintiffs.
Serving in these leadership roles, Ms. Daniel routinely navigates the intricate issues which frequently present themselves in complex mass torts. She works closely with other plaintiffs’ attorneys to build consensus on a coordinated approach to litigation. With such extensive experience, Ms. Daniel is a frequent speaker and presenter at various continuing legal education seminars and webinars which deal with issues pertaining to emerging mass tort litigation. She has also been invited to share her knowledge by lecturing at national litigation seminars.
Ms. Daniel graduated from Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1991 and Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law in 1994. She is licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Michigan.
- February 2019 – AAJ – Hot Topics – Lexecon Waivers
- October 2018 — MTMP – Nuts and Bolts – Women in Leadership Panel
- October 2018 — MTMP – Nuts and Bolts – Mass Tort Forums
- April 2018 – MTMP – Nuts and Bolts – Mass Tort Forums
- January 2018 – Masters of Mass Torts Co-Moderator and Speaker
- January 2018 – Speaker, Emerging Leaders Conference, Emory University
- October 2017 – MTMP – PPI speaker
- October 2017 – MTMP – Women in Leadership Panel
- April 2017 – MTMP – PPI speaker
- February 13, 2017 – AAJ – How to Investigate and Litigate a Defective Products Case
- January 19, 2017 – Masters of Mass Tort Conference Cancun – “Why Mass Torts Makes Sense as a Compliment to Your Existing Practice”
- January 2017 – HarrisMartin – PPI
- October 2016 – MTMP – Gender Equity and Proton Pump Inhibitor speaker
- September 27, 2016 – WEM – ABC’s of a Mass Tort Practice
- July 25, 2016 – AAJ – Zofran Update
- June 22, 2016 – Women’s Health Litigation Conference – Beverly Hills, CA – Zofran
- April 2016 – MTMP – Gender Equity
- February 26, 2016 – Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Leadership Summit 2016 – Boca Raton,Florida – When to (or Not to) Seek a Leadership Position in a Mass Tort MDL
- December 1-2 2015 – AAJ – Xarelto, NOLA – Plaintiff-Only Hot Topics and Trends in Litigation
- October 16, 2015 – MTMP – Xarelto speaker
- September 30, 2015 – AAJ – Moderator – NYC – Plaintiff-Only Hot Topics and Trends in Litigation
- January 30, 2013 – AAJ – Orlando, FL – GranuFLo – Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Litigation Update Seminar
Temple University School of Law, (J.D. 1994)
Temple University (BA 1991)
Bar & Court Admissions
American Association for Justice
Women En Masse
2019 Top 100 member of American Academy of Attorneys