Studies continue to put a harsh light on proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which are medications used...READ MORE
Quaid lawsuit brings attention to risk caused by Baxter packaging
Three years after his twin girls were nearly killed by an overdose of Baxter’s blood-thinning drug Heparin, Dennis Quaid and his wife have filed suit against the drugmaker alleging that the injuries to his daughters were caused by Baxter’s packaging of the drug. Baxter used the same color and similar packaging for vials of Heparin and Hep-Lock, a low-dose version of the drug.
According to the lawsuit, other infants had already died because of medication errors caused by the similar packaging; Baxter knew about these deaths and should have responded by recalling the Heparin vials.