Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring Recall Lawsuit
Warning: Countless families across the country may be exposed to dangerous amounts of formaldehyde through their laminate flooring. If you purchased your laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators within the last five years and are worried about the safety of your flooring, contact a Lumber Liquidators Lawyer at lumber or contact us online.
How Do You Know If Your Laminate Flooring Was Recalled for Containing Formaldehyde?
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to know whether or not you have high levels of formaldehyde in your laminate flooring without having the flooring tested; formaldehyde may be detected via scent in poorly ventilated areas, however in homes the dangerous chemical can easily go undetected. Lumber Liquidators is providing free formaldehyde test kits for customers who purchased laminate flooring that may have dangerous levels of this chemical. Symptoms of exposure to high levels of formaldehyde may include several cancers as well as running or weeping eyes, wheezing, coughing or a breathing-related problem; babies and children who play and crawl on the floor may be in particular risk of dangerous exposure to formaldehyde.
Laminate flooring is a type of flooring that is made to look like real wood — and is often significantly less expensive than real wood. For the Chinese-made Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring, the dangerously high levels of formaldehyde are typically found in the resin or glues used to bind the particles together to build the core boards in laminate flooring.
Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen capable of causing cancer in those who are exposed to it. Unfortunately, Lumber Liquidators allegedly improperly labeled its Chinese-made laminate flooring products as being safe and compliant by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), even though there is strong evidence now that it is not safe nor compliant.
According to the 60 Minutes team, they discovered that 30 out of 31 Chinese-made laminated wood samples sold by Lumber Liquidators failed to meet CARB standards.
Brands of Chinese-Made Laminate Flooring That May Contain Formaldehyde Include:
- Bristol Country Cherry Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Sky Lakes Pine Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Cumberland Mountain Oak
- Dream Home St. James Oceanside Plank Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Vintner’s Reserve Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Golden Acacia Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Brazilian Koa Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Blacksburg Barn Board Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Nantucket Beech Laminate
- Dream Home St. James Chimney Rock Charcoal Laminate
- Dream Home St. James African Mahogany Laminate
- Dream Home Ispiri Chimney Tops Smoked Oak Laminate
- Dream Home Ispiri Poplar Forest Oak Laminate
- Dream Home Ispiri America’s Mission Olive Laminate
- Dream Home Nirvana Royal Mahogany Laminate
- Dream Home Nirvana French Oak Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manner Imperial Teak Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Antique Bamboo Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Warm Springs Chestnut Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Imperial Teak Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Cape Doctor Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Sandy Hills Hickory Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Tanzanian Wenge Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Golden Teak Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Summer Retreat Teak Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Glacier Peak Poplar Laminate
- Dream Home Kensington Manor Fumed African Ironwood Laminate
Do You Have a Lumber Liquidators Lawsuit Claim for Formaldehyde Exposure?
Call today to speak with our attorneys and see if you have a valid Lumber Liquidators Lawsuit claim. We can help you fight the companies responsible for exposing you and your family to dangerous carcinogens.